November 6, 2007

Homefront Update:

We may have a potential buyer for the townhouse (will know by the end of today). Last weekend open house was great since we lower the price to $359,999. It started at 399,999; then got lower to 385,000 with 5K back to buyer; then 379,999 with 5K back to buyer. We also have one rental application for $1700 a month; for 1 year and 8 months. However, we would really like to sell the house - but can't go any lower on the price. We don't want to pay the difference of the loan; we also had to factor in 3% for buyer agent and 3% for seller agent (sister's fee / Remax fee).

Sister and I decided to still run a background and credit check just in case we have no buyer contract.

2 comments:

Tweety said...

Good luck on the sale of the house. With the housing market going down, it might be wise to hold on to it until the market changes. Thats what I am doing with my house, waiting until the market turns again. Good luck!

Heather said...

I wish you luck, we had intended to buy when we moved back up to the area but have held off and I feel for anyone who needs to sell right now.