April 3, 2008

An interesting article to read: America's Money: In their own words

After reading couple stories - it makes me think how lucky I am to have a job. I've been lay off once and let me tell you, it's not fun. I took a week off and then started temping and job hunting. I needed to have some sort of income - coming in to pay for mortgage and car loan. Let's see, my first job started hmmmm senior high school at Food Lion - cashier; making $5.50 an hour. The good old days! Since then, I've had some sort of odd jobs here and there while attending college. My first, real full time job was doing web design at a small firm in Falls Church, VA. In addition, I had a part time job while working at my full time job. I was a work-a-holic! Money was tight and I had loans/credit card bills to pay off.

Now - doing pretty well – work full time and freelance on the side. I have a 401k and zero credit card debt. I do still have to pay off my student loan - hopefully pay it off by the end of this year. I’m trying to learn how to live a simple and frugal lifestyle. My sister thinks I’m cheap – ok I am cheap!!!! I’m just careful of how I want to spend my money.

GOAL: Save as much money just in case something does happen.

No comments: